- Domaine Corsin
- Chardonnay (100%)
- 12 x 75cl
- Product code:
- Price band:
Second in style only to Pouilly Fuissé, but quicker to come forward and less expensive. Superb, fine, rich chardonnay of classic style and balanced richness with subtle, creamy oak undertones.
Alcoholic fermentation takes place in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks at between 18C and 20C, followed by malolactic fermentation. 30% of the wine is transferred to oak casks and remains on the fine lees with bâtonnage for 7 months. The remaining 70% remains on the fine lees in cuve.
The Corsins have been vignerons for many generations, producing and bottling wine in their own small, modern winery since the late '60s. All the grapes come from their own 12 hectares of vineyards in Davayé, Solutré, Pouilly and Fuissé. The family takes a biodynamic approach to viticulture, emphasising the health and balance of the soil, and crucially viewing it as an integral part of the symbiosis between planet, air and cosmos. The Corsins bring passion and commitment to their winemaking, producing fine white Burgundy of immaculate style.